Sunday, October 28, 2012

Passion

Recently we had lecture series and David Pierce from Steiger International came to speak to the student body. David started Steiger (an International Ministry) in hopes to reach non believers around the world. Although David spent most of the time recruiting for His ministry that I don't feel called to there was something else I saw in Him, Passion.

You can tell by listening and hearing Him speak that David is passionate about God and passionate about the ministry he is called to. Passionate people can be infectious and God is using David in this way. I admire his passion for his ministry and God.

It made me think about my own ministry and where I am called to be. As a worship leader I have to have passion for leading Gods people into worship and  a passion for their hearts. However, I need to have passion in my own relationship with Christ first. I can't lead people into God's presence if I'm not passionate about pursuing God in my own life.

Ministries can be built with passionate people, but we can never forget that unless we have an undying, passionate relationship with Christ then surely those ministries wont be started on the right foundation.

Thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. Corey, you make a great point. "As a worship leader I have to have passion for leading Gods people into worship and a passion for their hearts. However, I need to have passion in my own relationship with Christ first. I can't lead people into God's presence if I'm not passionate about pursuing God in my own life." How true is this statement. Sadly, I feel like worship leaders just get in a weekly/monthly groove and forget the importance of being spiritually ready everytime we lead God's people. If we don't have passion, how are we to expect passion from the church? Great reminder!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our passions are oftentimes strong enough to motivate us out of complacency and stagnation, but invariably our ministry will meet actual opposition, resistance that seeks more than our delayed progress. Passions grounded in our own strengths, our own desires and convictions, those passions will be extinguished. But when those passions are founded on the bedrock of God, on his calling and his character, we're in much better shape to take on the world.

    ReplyDelete