Sunday, September 23, 2012

Back In His Footsteps

To this day I still use the word God spoke to me when I truly began living for Him. For those of you who know me you may be familiar with my life verse, but for those who don't I've probably used it in my blog before. The scripture is from Romans 12: 1-2 and it was the word God spoke to me when my eyes were reopened to Him.

I had lost His footsteps somewhere along the road and I was traveling down a path I shouldn't have been on. Up until I finally left my first college my walk with the Lord was absent, but he changed that once I dropped out. Looking back it was God leading me away from the school, so that he could work on me and reclaim me. Looking back on that period in my life God put a pause on everything and made me sit down and talk with Him... for about a year and a half. When I mean sit down and talk with Him I mean praying and asking hard questions and Him giving me hard answers. Answers that tore me up and changed me completely. This is where my life verse comes in.

I had read it right before I left my first college and then about five hundred times once I got home. For me the second verse related directly to where I was which states "Do not any longer conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve God's will for you, His good pleasing and perfect will (Romans 12:2)." WOW! Every time I read that verse, or recite it those incredible memories get stirred up and I get fired up. During this year and half God drilled this into me to the point where I only wanted to be transformed by the renewing of my mind according to what His word told me. This is something I never thought would happen.

Since the second verse had pushed so hard into me, once the first verse finally hit  me my eyes were truly opened. "Therefore, I urge you brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God- this is your true and proper worship (Romans 12:1)." It wasn't enough for me to leave the bad things alone, but fully give myself to Him. Simple yet profound.

After this moment I felt my footsteps realigning with His and then the train start to move. That train brought me here, to Visible Music College, where God has me fulfilling his good, pleasing, and perfect will.  Last class we talked about time and it's different terms. One of those terms is Kairos referring to the fulness of time, or a season of life...

That was a season of life where God worked in me and truly rocked my world.




1 comment:

  1. Corey! I had a very similar experience as you. I was stuck down a deep, deep hole and knew that the only one who could dig me out was Christ's forgivness and redemption. It was so rewarding to spend that time arguing back and forth with the Lord. It took me a few years to finally let go of all the crap and cling to our Father. It is so great to hear from some one else who can relate and has found such joy in the Lord. I loved that you referred to the train starting to move. It is such an awesome feeling to know that when you submit and give everything to Christ, He WILL use you and give you strength like no other!!

    ReplyDelete